Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Willing Concession

Sometimes in a fight we must concede, whether it be willingly or in desperation. This past Sunday we were given a gift that I am quite willing to allow the twins to wear despite it being pink. Why may you ask? Because these fine items were not purchased in any store but were bought by a lady who was visiting her daughter in Ecuador, who is a missionary to some Indians there. Each of the outfits were hand made. That I suppose is an acceptable time to wear pink, when the item in question has been hand made by the Quechua Indians.


2 comments:

  1. I love reading about your effort to resist the pink! My husband has tried to do the same at our house...to little avail. : ) Hey, at least I painted the nursery green instead of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable, but I have very sad news for you. I resisted pink a lot as all I got for my girl was pink - so I ended up buying red, turquise, whatever else. Now that she is 4 running on 14 there is almost no looking back - she loves pink. Apart from a few favorite other items (and believe me I am trying to get other colours) she only wants to wear pink.

    ReplyDelete